Sunday 14 June 2009

Song of the week

Bettah - Dennis Bovell

I like reggae. This may seem somewhat incongruous for someone who can usually be found listening to some pretty heavy metal, a music not known for it's cheeriness and upbeat nature, unlike the reggae. Nonetheless. I like reggae.

This tune is fantastic. At the same time upbeat and political, it has what I look for in a song to roll around in the car to on a summer day.

Brill.

Also, there's a kind of punky sensibility to the snarly "bettah!" of the chorus. I have two versions of the song, but here's a link to the original, just in case you wanted to listen.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Brain-Damage-Dennis-Bovell/dp/B000FL7BEC/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1244987659&sr=8-7

I may talk about other great records by this guy in the future - he's kind of cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment